MAK EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Apply for a position at MAK today
Our Architectural design and technical team is buoyant and growing with several large and varied projects on the rise. The practice is therefore recruiting an ambitious graduate to join a busy office on Auckland’s Northshore. The company has a vibrant, diverse culture that provides a very supportive work environment. Our focus is on residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
We want a reliable, motivated, determined individual to fill a permanent full-time role. Core Responsibilities As a recent graduate, you will work with senior members of our team on a wide range of projects at all stages of the design and construction documentation process. From day one, you will be involved in important and challenging projects. Following the training period under supervision, you will be required to use your skills and knowledge to solve problems and provide key input to our projects.
You will work on all aspects of a project, starting a project at the concept stage, preparing preliminary designs, developing the design, preparing a resource consent application, application for services, building application, and detailed documentation and construction documentation, while dealing with consultants, clients, contractors, and local authorities throughout the process.
- Must be PROFICIENT IN REVIT with speed, accuracy, clarity, and a new digital way of working.
- Must be skilled at converting conceptual drawings accurately into construction drawings ready for the consent process and build.
- Must be proactive, hardworking, punctual, reliable with an honest work ethic.
- Must have a flexible attitude to new ways and methods of working.
- Demonstrate Proficiency and Professionalism in responsibility of the role.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills (English Language), to professionally communicate with clients, consultants, builders, and fellow colleagues.
- Ability to build good relationships at all levels.
- Good organisational skills can multitask amidst distractions & work well under pressure.
- Have excellent Time Management Skills and the ability to prioritise work efficiently.
- Punctual and Reliable. Can communicate effectively with a wide range of people and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A solid approach to detail, thorough approach to work & ability to visualize & understand 3D dimensions.
- Ability to work as a team, take, & follow instructions accurately. Eligible to work in New Zealand.
WHAT WE OFFER:
When you join us, you become part of a company that is pioneering for the future. Our team is involved in some of the most exciting and innovative projects, addressing big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a company culture that supports diversity and employee wellbeing through company leadership programs. Our core values define who we are, how we act, and what we aspire to, by delivering amazing, designed buildings in each neighbourhood, community, and city we touch. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in each person’s potential and will help you reach yours. Competitive Salary. There are progression opportunities in the company to move to senior roles, with a broader range of responsibilities.
To apply, please email a Cover Letter with a Detailed CV with any prior work References and a complete portfolio of all your work. All Applicants must have a CV, cover letter, and a portfolio. Applicants must provide a valid contact phone number for interviews.